Top Local Events in Colorado
Brittany Thomas, Developer + Producer – Shop Marketing and Creative Group
Live events are critical for building brand awareness. They provide consumers the opportunity to connect with brands, demo products, and establish relationships that cannot be achieved through other marketing avenues. Creating a memorable, unique experience leaves a lasting impact on consumers while providing a shareable moment on social media for the consumer’s extended network.
At Shop Marketing, we’ve had the opportunity to, both, create and attend many great live events. Here is a list of our five favorite, unique events in Colorado (proud home of Shop Marketing):
- Winter X-Games – The Winter X-Games is one of Colorado’s best festivals on the snow! At the end of January each year, athletes and fans flock to Aspen for beautiful mountain views, action sports, and musical performances at the base. The festival experience and sport competition portions of the event are free to the public, giving consumers the opportunity to interact with different vendors, learn about new products, and create shareable memories. We love this event because it allows brands to connect with consumers over a series of days and continually build brand recognition.
- Telluride Bluegrass Festival – Nestled in the San Juan Mountains, this 4-day, family friendly festival takes place the weekend closest to the Summer Solstice, allowing for the perfect summer kick-off. Consumers have the opportunity to see world-renowned musical artists and also participate in workshops, contests, and camping. Given the location and allocated tickets, this intimate event is ideal for profound interaction amongst attendees and vendors.
- Great American Beer Festival – Voted the number one beer festival in the country by 10Best and listed on the top 1,000 places to visit before you die, this is Denver’s premier beer festival. With the largest assortment of U.S. beer and unlimited one-ounce samples, consumers have the opportunity to interact with up to 700 breweries. Here, well-established and budding breweries can showcase their products, engage with consumers in a fun, lively environment, and, ultimately, build a lasting relationship.
- Frozen Dead Guys – This festival is known as “one of the most unique and quirky festivals in the country” and takes place just west of Boulder in the town of Nederland. Celebrating a cryogenically preserved man, the name is not too far off of what to expect from this 3-day festival. For 16 years, people have joined together to enjoy live music, coffin racing, costumed polar plunging, parade of hearses, frozen t-shirt contests, and more.
- Boulder Creek Festival – The unofficial kick-off of summer begins with the Boulder Creek Festival, taking place near the Boulder Municipal Campus. With over 300 vendors, food and drink, live music, dancing, carnival rides, and more, it is a 3-day event you don’t want to miss. This is a great opportunity to meet locals and tourists, and a great place for consumers to interact with new brands.
What’s your favorite local event? Interested in hosting a local event to promote your brand? Contact email@example.com to discuss implementing an experiential marketing strategy.