6 Tips for Creating a Successful Experiential Marketing Campaign
Brittany Thomas, Jr. Producer + Developer – Shop Marketing and Creative Group
Experiential marketing campaigns enable brands to build a stronger connection with consumers through fun, unique, and creative experiences. When well-executed and correctly targeted, these campaigns can increase engagement and create a lasting impression with consumers. With the popularity of these branding events on the rise, how do you ensure these campaigns are successful? Check out the tips below used by industry professionals to promote a successful campaign.
- Identify Your Audience. Who is your target audience and why would they be interested in your product or brand? A campaign should be focused on positive interactions with the proper audience, so the better you know that audience, the more successful you will be. Some things to identify include; their preferences and interests, the best location to find and interact with them, and how likely they are to engage.
- Be Creative. Creativity is key when it comes to experiential marketing. You want to provide an experience that consumers want to share with their friends, family, and on their social networks. While the experience is usually brief, the impact should be long-term. Think about how you can “transport” a consumer to a different location and time, let them participate in something they normally wouldn’t have the opportunity to experience. or create a completely new experience they never imagined could exist.
- Connect the Consumer with the Brand. Know the brand inside and out. The more aligned you are with the brand, the better you’ll be able to evangelize it to consumers and make a connection. Creating brand recognition and an emotional connection are crucial for building consumer loyalty and trust.Tying into the creativity piece, you are giving a consumer the opportunity to connect with a brand’s values, image, and essence.
- Always Have a Back-up Plan. There is always the possibility that something could go wrong. Some things are out of our control or unexpected – weather, delayed shipments, flight cancellations, etc., but they are just as imperative to plan for as those items we can control. Make a list of everything you need to execute your campaign from small to large – and have a contingency plan in place that is shared with everyone on your team. The better prepared you are, the smoother your campaign will be.
- Accept Feedback. Whether feedback is positive or negative, it is always beneficial. How else will you know if your campaign was a hit? Feedback may be collected during or after the experience or from buzz about the event on social media. Use the comments and information provided to enhance your future campaigns and connect with your audience on a more personal level.
- Be Passionate. One of the most important aspects of success is passion towards what you do. It’s contagious. Create experiences you’re truly excited about sharing with your audience – your passion will shine through.
Interested in creating an experiential marketing campaign with Shop Marketing and Creative Group? Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org.